Kimchi Fried Rice
A quick and convenient recipe without breaking the bank, this kimchi fried rice recipe will satisfy all your comfort food cravings while clearing your fridge of leftovers. A popular household dish, tailor this dish to your tastes by adding in your favourite ingredients!
Ingredients (for 1 serving) :
- 80 grams kimchi (chopped)
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 cup beansprouts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 scallion (finely chopped)
- 1 sunny side up egg
- 1 slice of cheese
1) Add the sesame oil to the rice and mix well, coating the rice grains with sesame oil.
2) Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan/wok over medium high heat and stir fry the kimchi until fragrant.
3) Add the rice and beansprouts, continue stir-frying for about 5 minutes while breaking up any clumps of rice.
4) Pour in the kimchi juice, gochujang and soy sauce and turn the heat to high. Continue stir-frying until the rice is evenly coated and start to brown.
5) Turn off the heat and plate. Top off the dish with a slice of cheese and a sunny side up.
Try it out and tag us on Instagram #cookwithtpg! We look forward to seeing your creations!